ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. - A woman is accused of breaking into a home and attacking deputies who responded to a call for help.
Rowan County deputies responded to Fisher Road Tuesday for a report of someone breaking into a home.
Deputies found Teri Covello at the home and at some point, they said she assaulted a deputy.
She faces several charges.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Private school founder gets federal prison term for role in human trafficking
- Worker hurt in explosion, fire at Catawba County plant, firefighters say
- Charlotte defense attorney explains increase in violent crimes
- FORECAST: Near-record lows Wednesday morning; chill sticking around
- 2 boys who escaped Concord development center captured
© 2019 Cox Media Group.