ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. - Authorities in Rowan County have arrested one woman and are looking for three others accused of pepper-spraying a store employee while shoplifting from a Dick’s Sporting Goods last month.
On March 17, investigators said the four women – identified as Armani Cloud, 19; Zjane Johnson, 24; Deneish Brown, 23; and Makayla Jackson – tried to walk out of the Dick’s Sporting Goods on Julian Road without paying for merchandise.
(Cloud, Johnson and Brown)
A store employee confronted the women and was then sprayed in the face with an unknown chemical agent thought to be pepper spray, according to deputies.
>> Download the WSOCTV news app for your smartphone and get updates on this developing story as they come in.
The women then ran from the store and sped off in a gray, four-door Honda Accord with the tag removed, and possibly a second burgundy four-door car.
The Dick’s employee was treated for the pepper spray attack and will be OK.
On Tuesday, officials said Brown was found and arrested in Charlotte. She was charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
The other three women have not yet been caught.
Anyone who knows where they might be is asked to call the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Convicted murderer causes $30K in damage during Sunday church service
- Leaders call for calm after CMPD releases body cam video of deadly shooting
- WATCH: Man eludes police after robbery, assault, chase through Charlotte
- FORECAST: Chilly start but temps will warm under sunny skies
- CMPD: Man led police on chase after firing 20 shots outside strip club
- Recall alert: Chewy Chips Ahoy cookies recalled
© 2019 Cox Media Group.