CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. - A woman on Cleveland County Sheriff's Office most wanted list for child sex crimes was captured on Sunday.
Investigators said a 15-year-old boy's mother told them Anjessica Johnalieen Jumper, 20, molested her son on May 19 while she was living in their home.
Warrants were issued for Jumper, but when she could not be found, deputies placed her on the county's most wanted list.
Our news partners at the Shelby Star reported that deputies searched for Jumper for over four months before being tipped off about her whereabouts.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Jumper is charged with statutory rape of a child less than or equal to 15 years of age and statutory sex offense with a child less than or equal to 15 years of age.
She is being held at the Cleveland County Jail under $150,000 secure bail.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man killed when speeding car hits power pole, tree, troopers say
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Drivers go around railroad crossing arms in Waxhaw
- Former Wells Fargo employee swindled elderly man out of $800K
- FORECAST: Partly cloudy skies, mild temps but still no rain in sight
- Family says it warned hospital of doctor accused of child sex crimes
© 2019 Cox Media Group.