CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A woman was hospitalized after being shot during a dispute Sunday night at a west Charlotte apartment.
The victim was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after authorities were called around 9:30 p.m. to the 1500 block of Clanton Road in reference to a breaking and entering.
Police said the woman was involved in some sort of altercation earlier in the parking lot of the same apartment complex which led to eight women forcing open her apartment door and entering her unit.
Investigators said the woman escaped the apartment through a window and climbed onto the roof. Police told Channel 9 that someone was waiting outside and shot her. The woman was struck by two bullets.
Two other family members, one of which was a child, were in the apartment at the time of the shooting. They were not injured.
Police said two other apartments were hit by gunfire. There has been no word on any arrests.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Who is Akayed Ullah, suspect in New York explosion?
- Morganton mother pleads guilty in 3-year-old child’s freezing death
- Chef Mario Batali leaves ABC’s ‘The Chew’ amid sexual harassment allegations
- Woman shot while running from 8 women during dispute, police say
- 12-year-old fighting for life after father fatally shoots mother, grandmother
- WATCH: Vicki Graf’s Monday forecast outlook
© 2019 Cox Media Group.