CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The station has entered into a multi-year agreement making WSOC-TV the official television partner of the Carolina Panthers.
WSOC-TV is the new partner of the Panthers and the game will air on Channel 9 at 7:30 p.m. Thursday. We will also be airing a pregame show at 6:30 p.m., which you won't want to miss as we catch you up on how the team has been doing in the offseason.
“This is a partnership between two of the most powerful brands in the Carolinas,” said Cedric Thomas, WSOC-TV Vice President and General Manager. “We’re honored to be able to deliver the best Panthers coverage and programming to our audience all year long.”
WSOC-TV will carry all four preseason games and weekly Panthers Huddle shows, which will also be available to stream on the WSOC-TV app on Amazon Fire, Roku and Apple TV.
Panthers preseason games to air on Channel 9:
- Friday, Aug. 16 vs. Buffalo 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 22 @ New England 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 29 vs. Pittsburgh 7 p.m.
>> Remember, you can watch our programming anytime at home on Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
WSOC-TV will deliver 70 hours of new Carolina Panthers programming and specials for Panthers fans.
New Carolina Panther programming includes:
- Preseason games
- Pregame shows located at Panthers on Mint
- Quarterly community specials
- Draft specials
- Training camp specials
- Season kickoff and wrap up shows
“The Panthers drive the sports conversation across the Carolinas,” said Phil Orban, WSOC-TV Sports Director. “We’re looking forward to bringing the excitement surrounding the team to our audience.”
The Panthers will collaborate with WSOC-TV on its community projects throughout the year, including Steve’s Coats for Kids, 9 Food Drive, 9 School Tools and 9 Books for Kids.
>> Download the WSOCTV news app for your smartphone and get updates on developing stories as they come in.
The Panthers will also take part in WSOC-TV’s Big 22, a season-long contest to name the area’s high school football player of the year.
“Our organizations share a common goal of serving our community,” said Thomas. “We’re working on several initiatives to give back to the Carolinas.”
Panthers regular season games:
- Sunday, Sept. 8 vs. Los Angeles 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 12 vs. Tampa Bay 8:20 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 22 @ Arizona 4:05 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 29 @ Houston 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 6 vs. Jacksonville 1 p.m.*
- Sunday, Oct. 13 @ Tampa Bay (in London) 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 20 BYE
- Sunday, Oct. 27 @ San Francisco 4:05 p.m.*
- Sunday, Nov. 3 vs. Tennessee 1 p.m.*
- Sunday, Nov. 10 @ Green Bay 1 p.m.*
- Sunday, Nov. 17 vs. Atlanta 1 p.m.*
- Sunday, Nov. 24 @ New Orleans 1 p.m.*
- Sunday, Dec. 1 vs. Washington 1 p.m.*
- Sunday, Dec. 8 @ Atlanta 1 p.m.*
- Sunday, Dec. 15 vs. Seattle 1 p.m.*
- Sunday, Dec. 22 @ Indianapolis 1 p.m.*
- Sunday, Dec. 29 vs. New Orleans 1 p.m.
*Subject to NFL flexible scheduling