WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Winston-Salem State University was placed on lockdown Friday afternoon after a person was stabbed on campus.
University officials tweeted that the stabbing occurred near Hill Hall.
The victim was identified as 20-year-old Terrence Semple. He is a sophomore business administration major, according to our TV partner, WGHP.
Officials have not said how badly Semple was injured.
Officials alerted everyone on campus to secure themselves inside a room while police officers conducted welfare checks in locations on campus.
Police officers gave the all clear just around 3:30 p.m. Friday.
It’s not clear if anyone is in custody.
Check back with wsoctv.com for more on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Witness 'played dead' as man robbed Salisbury bank, fired shots
- Retired Navy vet accused of killing girl found on Charlotte church lawn
- Officials' handling of Cabarrus Co. high schools bomb threat concerns parents
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Friday forecast outlook
- Students scale 137-foot crane, UNCC officials say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.