CHARLOTTE, NC - Police have issued warrants for the arrest of a man accused in two groping incidents Wednesday at Central Piedmont Community College.
CPCC College Security Services said it looked at video of both incidents and determined it was the same man, David Kenney.
The first incident happened around 2:30 p.m. in a Student Deck 1 stairwell. Kenney approached a CPCC student from behind and touched her inappropriately before running away.
Around 5:30 p.m., on the third floor of the Terrell Building, a CPCC employee was groped from behind. Kenney again ran away quickly.
School officials said he was banned from campus two months ago for comments he made to a female student.
"Hopefully they find him, and all women need to be watching and be aware of their surroundings," student Bethany Carroll said.
For those of you inquiring into the groping incidents that occurred on the campus of CPCC, I just spoke with their director of security and public information officer at CPCC.
They are handling the investigation and obtaining warrants. We are no longer assisting with that process.
There was also a separate, unrelated sexual assault/rape call yesterday.
We were canceled from that call.
I was advised the victim did not wish to pursue any further.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mother irate after stranger picks up first-grade son from Rowan Co. school
- Details emerge about accused Parkland shooter’s texts
- Objects thrown from I-485 overpass shatters truck driver’s windshield
- Man identified as North Carolina gang leader sentenced
- WATCH: Vicki Graf’s Thursday weather outlook
- SWINDLED: Man boots cars, demands cash as part of scam, woman says
© 2018 Cox Media Group.