Phil Mickelson and three others officially asked to be removed on Tuesday, according to ESPN's Mark Schlabach.
"I am focused on moving forward and am extremely happy being a part of LIV, while also grateful for my time on the Tour," Mickelson said in a statement, . "I am pleased that the players on Tour are finally being heard, respected, and valued and are benefitting from the changes recently implemented. With LIV's involvement in these issues, the players' rights will be protected, and I no longer feel it is necessary for me to be part of the proceedings."
Mickelson was one of several, along with LIV Golf, . They alleged several antitrust violations, challenged the Tour's decision to suspend them from events and more. Mickelson claimed in the lawsuit that he was suspended for two months in March for "attempting to recruit players" for LIV Golf.
"Nothing has changed," LIV Golf spokesman Jonathan Grella said in a statement, . "The merits of the case — the PGA Tour's anti-competitive conduct — still stand and will be fully tested in court. And we look forward to that. LIV stands with the players whom the PGA Tour has treated so poorly, but we also recognize that to be successful, we no longer need a wide array of players to be on the suit. We have our players' backs and will press our case against the PGA Tour's anti-competitive behavior."
Mickelson has been the face of the new controversial Saudi Arabian-backed venture since its inception, and he’s received the most criticism for his participation.
Despite that, and the ongoing lawsuit between the two leagues, Mickelson said earlier this month that he thought it was time for the two leagues to come together.
"As soon as that happens and we all start working together, that's going to be a really positive thing for everyone."