FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - Police in North Carolina have arrested two people after finding marijuana and a loaded AK-47 under the bed of a 2-year-old child.
News outlets report Fayetteville police say drug and child abuse charges were filed against 32-year-old Sergio F. Weeks and 25-year-old Alysha J. Smith. In addition, police charged Weeks with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
(Sergio F. Weeks, left, Alysha J. Smith, right)
According to police, officers responding to a Crime Stoppers tip were able to verify the tipster's information and obtained a warrant to search a home. Inside the home, they found nearly a pound of marijuana and various drug paraphernalia in addition to the AK-47.
Weeks and Smith have been released on bond. It's not known if they have an attorney.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigating four overnight shootings within span of 15 minutes
- Wreckage of missing plane found in Rowan County field; pilot dead
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s mother, Brenda Jackson, dies after battle with cancer
- FORECAST: Warm-up underway as highs will climb into the mid-80s
- Kidnapping suspect in custody after nearly 5-hour standoff in Gaston County
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.