WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Four people have been arrested for shooting and killing one horse and injuring two other horses in North Carolina.
Winston-Salem police said in a news release that 19-year-old Alonzo Djuan Cross of Winston-Salem was arrested Wednesday on three counts of felony cruelty to animals and firing a gun in the city.
Lt. Michael Cardwell would not say what led police to Cross. But officers found six guns in the home.
Police say three vehicles were driven onto a greenway on Saturday that is meant only for bicycles and pedestrians. There is a pasture next to the greenway. Officers found one of the vehicles Sunday and the other two on Tuesday.
Police say three 15-year-olds were also arrested in the investigation.
It was not known if Cross has an attorney yet.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- City councilwoman's tweet compares police to terrorists
- Pack of small, vicious dachshunds running wild attacks, kills woman
- Source: Neighborhood street blocked as homicide suspect arrested
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Boy describes Hilton Head shark attack: 'I'm dreaming, wake me up!'
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.