HOUSTON - A Fort Bragg paratrooper from Texas has been charged in a 2013 sexual assault near Houston in which the naked victim walked to a movie theater for help.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday announced DNA evidence led to the North Carolina arrest of Pvt. 1st Class Levi Austin Goss of Port Neches. He's charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child and aggravated kidnapping.
A 16-year-old girl was walking in Cypress when she was grabbed by a masked man, dragged to a field, raped and left for dead.
Investigators say the February 2013 attack happened three years before Goss, now 24, joined the Army. Fort Bragg is cooperating in the investigation.
Goss on Monday waived extradition from Fayetteville, North Carolina. Online records didn't list an attorney representing him.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police in Charleston desperately searching for missing 4-year-old girl
- Restaurant accused of serving man 17 shots before deadly I-485 crash
- Shooting reported near NSA headquarters in Maryland
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Valentine’s Day forecast outlook
- Charlotte mother to spend time in jail for baptizing daughter
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.