WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Spirit Airlines will be offering new flights from North Carolina to Florida in September.
Spirit plans to offer flights three times a week between Piedmont Triad International Airport near Greensboro and Orlando International Airport starting Sept. 7.
The Miramar, Florida-based airline will also offer flights twice a week from the Greensboro-area airport to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and to Tampa International Airport on Sept. 6.
Piedmont Triad International Airport is the 66th airport in Spirit's network.
Spirit operates more than 500 daily flights to 65 destinations in the United States, Latin America and Caribbean.
Allegiant also offers non-daily flights from the Greensboro area airport to Florida at the St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport and Orlando-Sanford International Airport.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man accused of recording girls on his yacht in Myrtle Beach back in jail
- Test of Trump loyalty topples South Carolina's Mark Sanford
- U.S. Rep. Robert Pittenger sues neighbors claiming their new house will be too big
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Wife of man hospitalized after possible road rage shooting: 'We are lucky'
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.