RALEIGH, N.C. - A North Carolina elementary school teacher is accused of rubbing his genitals against two fifth grade girls.
News outlets report 39-year-old Peter Moody, of Knightdale, is charged with four counts of indecent liberties with children at Beaverdam Elementary School in Wake County.
A Raleigh police statement says it involved "forcible fondling." At his first court appearance on Wednesday, the prosecutor said Moody rubbed his genitals on children.
The prosecutor also said he is accused of telling students that he was going to "hook up" with them when they turned 18.
Moody, who joined the school in 2017, resigned in August after the school learned of the allegations and went to police.
His bond was reduced to $150,000 after his lawyer said he had no criminal history.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Researchers say 13-foot great white shark bitten by even bigger shark
- NASCAR Xfinity Series team hauler crashes on I-40, 2 hurt
- Woman found dead at west Charlotte shoe store, investigation underway
- FORECAST: Morning temps in 40s around metro, sub-freezing in high country
- 'I feel betrayed': Mom says assistant principal preyed on her son for sex
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.