CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A former Carolina Panthers football player has been arrested for allegedly assaulting a woman.
Officials said that Frank Garcia was arrested Saturday and charged with misdemeanor assault.
A police report said the alleged victim is a 29-year-old woman who is not related to Garcia. The report said the woman suffered minor injuries and refused medical treatment.
Garcia, 46, did not immediately return a request for comment. He has a court hearing scheduled for Monday.
Garcia was an offensive lineman for several NFL teams and spent the majority of his career with the Panthers. He is a host of an afternoon radio talk show and an assistant football coach at a local high school.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- TRACKING: Remnants of weekend winter storm bring concern for black ice during morning drive
- WATCH: Swimsuit-clad North Carolina family frolics in snow in hilarious viral video
- WINTER STORM: Running list of closings and delays
- Firefighters put out fire at historic Fort Mill church
- Man dies, wife injured after tree crashes on car in Matthews
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.