• Men found dead at hotel died of alcohol, drug intoxication

    Updated:
    ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - State autopsies show that the two men found dead in a North Carolina hotel room in June died of drug and alcohol intoxication.

    The Asheville Citizen-Times reported Saturday the autopsies of James Patrick Landreth and Jacob Bruton Galloway list the cause of death as "fentanyl, heroin, cocaine and ethanol toxicity."

    The North Carolina men were visiting the area for a rugby tournament and had celebrated their victory June 8. They were found dead the next day by another person staying in the room at the Ashville Best Western.

    A search warrant said police found no indication of drug use or foul play.

    Police initially believed carbon monoxide poisoning may have caused the two deaths. But three tests by the city's fire department found no elevated levels in the room.

    ___

    Information from: The Asheville Citizen-Times, http://www.citizen-times.com

    Next Up: