FRANKLIN, N.C. - A chiropractor in North Carolina has been accused of committing sex crimes against his patients.
News outlets report 59-year-old Erik Madsen has been charged with at least four counts of sexual battery and assault on a female. Franklin police Chief David Adams says female patients reported being touched inappropriately during treatments for lower back pain.
Adams says Madsen has also practiced in Florida and Virginia. He says his department has been in contact with agencies in those states as well as the North Carolina board for chiropractors.
Madsen is currently out on bond. WLOS-TV reports Madsen had no comment on the charges when a reporter spoke to him at his practice on Wednesday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Witnesses: Panhandler used saw to stab man inside Charlotte Lowe's
- Man captured after troopers find 6 human trafficking victims in car
- Mom charged months after 3-year-old falls to his death at Charlotte airport
- FORECAST: Sunny skies return across region; rain on the way
- Postal inspectors need help finding group accused in Charlotte mail thefts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.