GRAHAM, N.C. - Authorities in North Carolina have arrested a high school teacher accused of exchanging indecent messages with students.
News outlets quoted the Alamance County Sheriff's Office as saying it received a report Wednesday that a teacher at Western Alamance High School was having inappropriate relationships with students.
Special Victims Unit investigators said they discovered messages between 58-year-old Kenneth Ray Lockner and students that were considered to be indecent. The teacher was charged with three felony counts of indecent liberties with a student.
Reports say the case is ongoing and more charges could be filed.
Lockner was arrested and jailed on $100,000 bond. A hearing is set for later Friday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: 2 dead, 3 others injured after shooting at south Charlotte home
- Man found shot to death inside uptown high-rise apartment complex
- Woman carjacked outside Harris Teeter in Matthews; suspect arrested in Charlotte
- FORECAST: Chilly temps to continue throughout weekend despite sunshine
- Film crews roll into Concord to shoot Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker story
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.