BURLINGTON, N.C. - A 25-year-old North Carolina man has been charged with stabbing his grandmother to death.
The Burlington Police Department said in a news release that authorities came Monday to the Burlington home of 71-year-old Cynthia Ziller and found her body.
Officers said they determined she had been stabbed to death.
Early Wednesday, police announced they arrested her grandson, 25-year-old Nathan Jeremiah Ziller, who lives in nearby Graham.
Police said Nathan Ziller has been charged with first-degree murder. The motive for the killing wasn’t immediately clear.
Ziller was being held without bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Private school founder gets federal prison term for role in human trafficking
- Worker hurt in explosion, fire at Catawba County plant, firefighters say
- Charlotte defense attorney explains increase in violent crimes
- FORECAST: Near-record lows Wednesday morning; chill sticking around
- 2 boys who escaped Concord development center captured
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.