GREENSBORO, N.C. — Police said a North Carolina woman is jailed after she was accused of burning a 2-month-old child's feet.
Capt. Nathaniel Davis of the Greensboro Police Department said on Wednesday that 22-year-old Loretta Marie Ford is charged with felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury.
[ALSO READ: Ex-wife of 'Winnie the Pooh' voice actor accuses him of sexual abuse, animal cruelty]
According to police, the child suffered second- and third-degree burns on the bottom of both feet.
Davis provided no additional details, including the child's relation to Ford. He said the incident remains under investigation.
Ford is jailed on a $500,000 bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Woman, possibly homeless, stabbed to death in uptown Charlotte
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Rowan County 19-year-old
- 2nd masseuse at Huntersville spa charged with inappropriately touching client
- FORECAST: Humid conditions hold on ahead of weekend cold front, rain
- North Carolina woman jailed, accused of burning baby's feet