WILSON, N.C. - Police in North Carolina say a 6-year-old is among four suspects identified in the theft of 10 handguns from a local store.
The Wilson Times reports Wilson police say investigators also identified a 16-year-old and two 14-year-olds in the theft of the handguns, which have been recovered.
Officers responding to an alarm last Tuesday found the store's inner and outer doors broken and 10 handguns stolen. Investigators later identified a pickup truck from surveillance video and determined it had been stolen from a parking lot. The truck was recovered in an empty field in another part of town.
Multiple charges were filed against the eldest suspect, who is being held under a $100,000 secured bond. The 14-year-olds face similar charges, and authorities are talking with prosecutors and juvenile justice officials regarding the 6-year-old suspect.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CATS bus driver shot several times at uptown transit center; man in custody
- Trooper critically hurt in crash while chasing car; search continues for driver
- Former NASCAR promoter Humpy Wheeler puts lakefront property on market
- FORECAST: Cold front, strong storms cut off relentless heatwave
- Missing ECU student found dead near Wrightsville Beach
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.