WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Authorities say they've arrested a Richmond County man in connection with the death and dismemberment of a Winston-Salem man.
News outlets report 31-year-old Adrion Demare Whorley, of Rockingham, was arrested Thursday and charged with murder and concealing the death of 75-year-old John Douglas Agnew.
Police say they found Agnew's body after being called to make a welfare check at his townhome Monday.
Winston-Salem police Lt. Mike Cardwell says Whorley and Agnew were acquaintances, but declined to comment further on the men's relationship.
It's unclear if Whorley has an attorney.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- VIDEO: Defense department releases MOAB strike footage
- Government: 36 Islamic State fighters killed by massive bomb
- Warrant: Mother of Burke Co. boy found dead on porch had used drugs
- WATCH: Christine Rapp's Friday forecast
- Police: Richmond County man dismembered 75-year-old man
- Mint Hill church to give away free gas, grocery cards Friday