RALEIGH, N.C. - Police have accused a woman of selling cocaine from the hotel room where she and her 1-year-old child were living.
News sources report Raleigh police say 35-year-old Saquanna Tyisha Thorpe is charged with selling, delivering and possession with the intent to sell or deliver cocaine, misdemeanor charges of possessing drug paraphernalia and child abuse.
WTVD reports officers executed a search warrant in the hotel room and found more than 7 grams of cocaine, two digital scales and plastic baggies. Investigators say Thorpe gave an officer a false name and date of birth for her child during an interview.
Thorpe was jailed on $85,000 bond after her arrest on Saturday and was scheduled to appear in court on Monday. Online records didn't indicate whether she has an attorney.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Policy violations led to CMS superintendent's suspension, sources say
- AMBER ALERT: 4-month-old girl abducted from North Carolina daycare
- Wife says husband drowned trying to rescue kids at NC beach
- FORECAST: Hot, muggy conditions press on with no relief in sight
- 3 North Carolinians charged after kids found locked in back of U-Haul carrying drugs
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.