MARSHALL, N.C. - North Carolina authorities say they caught two people vandalizing a Baptist church with caricatures of the devil and the phrase "Satan rules!"
Officials with the Madison County Sheriff's Office arrested Gavin Martin Beaudet and Kamia Dae Reed last week in a small town about 15 miles north of Asheville, North Carolina.
News outlets report a sheriff's deputy said they caught the suspects as they were scrawling pictures of a horned devil on the church walls. The suspects then reportedly led officers on a short chase before being caught with stolen property on them.
In a Facebook post, the sheriff's department says Beaudet and Reed are charged with breaking and entering a place of worship, larceny after breaking and entering, resisting public officer and injury to real property.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Portion of west Charlotte intersection reopens after massive water main break
- Deputies: Two women escape man they mistook for Uber Driver in Hilton Head
- CMPD: Woman kidnapped, raped, robbed at gunpoint in University City area
- FORECAST: Chance for severe weather remains as temps hit the 90s
- Pregnant teen shot in northwest Charlotte; baby, mother have critical injuries
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.