CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The city of Charlotte employs more than 7,500 people, 423 of whom make six-figure salaries, according to CBJ research.
The highest-paid city employee, with an annual salary of $333,900, is city manager Marcus Jones. Charlotte Area Transit System CEO John Lewis, city attorney Patrick Baker, aviation director Brent Cagle and deputy city manager Sabrina Joy-Hogg round out the top five.
From city attorneys to police officers to airport shuttle bus operators, the average salary for city employees is more than $63,000.
Search for the annual salaries of 7,561 regular and temporary employees of the city of Charlotte in CBJ's database here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Faulty wiring blamed for fire at historic Charlotte church
- 'Regular' customer shot to death after argument at South End Bojangles'
- Major road in Steele Creek closed after gas line cut
- FORECAST: Cold front will bring cloudy skies, storm chances
- Suspected drunk driver hits 4 construction workers, killing 1 near Concord Mills
© 2019 Cox Media Group.