Emerald Isle along the Bogue Banks reports on its website the July 4th fireworks are still scheduled for Friday evening. The curfew also is lifted.
Dare County officials say the northern end of the county where Kill Devil Hills and Kitty Hawk are located has reopened. Hatteras Island on the southern end remains closed because of flooding on North Carolina Highway 12.
Beaufort County Emergency Management Director John Pack said that the county "fared very well" with the main problem being trees blocking roads and bringing down power lines. He says roads are open now.
- IMAGES: Hurricane Arthur arrives on Carolina coast
- IMAGES: Behind the scenes of Channel 9's Arthur coverage
- Attorney General offers tips for vacations disrupted by Arthur
- SPECIAL SECTION: Hurricanes and Tropical Storms
- GET PREPARED: What to do when a storm threatens or is approaching
- DOWNLOAD: WSOC-TV severe weather app here.