GREENVILLE, S.C. - Authorities said three people died in a crash in South Carolina during Tropical Storm Nestor, but it's not clear yet what role, if any, the weather played.
The Greenville County Coroner's Office said a Toyota Corolla crossed into oncoming traffic around 6 p.m. Saturday and collided with another vehicle.
One of the victims was identified as 30-year-old Hector Ruiz De La Cruz, of Greenville.
The remnants of Nestor dumped heavy rain on South Carolina and Georgia.
The National Weather Service received reports of damage to homes in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, but forecaster Dave Loewenthal said the NWS has not confirmed yet whether a tornado touched down there.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after man shot in east Charlotte dies at hospital
- Suspected drunk driver hits 4 construction workers, killing 1 near Concord Mills
- Hotel evacuated after man fires gun inside nearby business, CMPD says
- Driver charged with DWI after hitting, killing man on I-277 in Charlotte, police say
- Driver intentionally hit, killed 79-year-old woman at Matthews grocery store, police say
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.