HAMPTON, S.C. - Police are searching for a suspect after two deputies were hurt in South Carolina.
News outlets report two Hampton County sheriff's deputies were injured Wednesday night by a man who fled a traffic stop near Brunson.
The State Law Enforcement Division said the suspect's vehicle collided with one deputy's vehicle. Authorities said the man then ran away and stole another car, striking a deputy on foot as he left.
Deputies now think the suspect is on foot in the Crocketville area northeast of Hampton.
SLED spokesman Thom Berry said 51-year-old Jay John Ruth had been wanted in Hampton County on kidnapping and grand larceny charges.
Berry said both deputies have been treated and released from hospitals in Charleston and Hampton counties.
Sheriff's deputies and police are assisting with the search.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- High school senior escorted off stage after dancing during graduation
- Teens accused of killing beloved college baseball player to appear in court
- Feds raid several locations in NC & SC in massive drug operation
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Kroger closures in North Carolina to affect 1,500 workers
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.