GREENVILLE, S.C. - A South Carolina city will be the location of a citywide treasure hunt.
Participants will be tracking down $2,000 hidden around downtown Greenville on Tuesday evening.
WYFF-TV reports an escape room company known as Breakout Games will be hosting the cash search from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Game leaders carrying red balloons will spread the word about the treasure hunt and details of how to participate by handing out cards downtown Tuesday afternoon.
Coordinates will be released every 30 minutes during the cash search at an online site , to point to the locations of hidden $100 bills.
The event, one of 20 such city treasure hunts, was scheduled for Aug. 1, but was postponed because of weather.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Girl bitten by shark while on sandbar off North Carolina coast
- Woman dies after firefighters pull her from burning Lincolnton home
- Sheriff: South Carolina woman left newborn in trash bag in car
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Lowe's donates new lawnmower to boy robbed at lemonade stand
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.