CHARLESTON, S.C. — Former South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford is ready to get married again.
Nearly eight years after divorcing then-Gov. Mark Sanford, who had publicly admitted an affair with a woman in Argentina, Jenny Sanford posted a picture Tuesday of herself with her fiance on Instagram with the caption "...Yes!"
Jenny Sanford told The Post and Courier of Charleston she will marry investment banker Andy McKay this spring. She says they have dated for 15 months.
Jenny Sanford says they bought a ring and got engaged Monday after last week's East Coast snowstorm delayed McKay's trip to Charleston.
She says her sister introduced them and McKay is a kind man who gets along with her four grown children she had with Mark Sanford, who is now a U.S. House member.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Charlotte-area hospitals restricting access because of flu
- School cancels classes after more than 160 students call out with flu
- 7th grader seriously hurt after being struck by car in Gastonia
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- CMPD thinks victim asked homeowner for help after being shot
- Former South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford gets engaged