CONWAY, S.C. - Country music star Travis Tritt says his tour bus was "sideswiped" in a multi-vehicle crash that left two people dead in South Carolina.
News outlets report the crash occurred early Saturday on Highway 22 in Horry County. One person suffered minor injuries.
Tritt tweeted that his tour bus sustained minor damage as it swerved to try to avoid the collision. Tritt was leaving Myrtle Beach after playing a concert there Friday night. No one on the tour bus was injured.
South Carolina Highway Patrol Cpl. Sonny Collins says a vehicle traveling in the wrong direction crashed into a pickup truck head-on. The victims were identified as 61-year-old Tonda Cross of Ellettsville, Indiana, and 25-year-old Charles "Cody" Wade of Horry County.
Tritt says he was "shaken" by what he saw and "saddened beyond belief."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Country star Travis Tritt's tour bus involved in fatal wreck leaving Myrtle Beach
- Police arrest, charge suspect after man stabbed to death at South End gas station
- 3-year-old girl dies after sexual assault, abuse, police say; stepfather, mother charged
- FORECAST: Another hot, humid day on tap for the area; rain chances remain low
- 'We lost a hero': Thousands say final goodbyes to Savannah police officer from Charlotte
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.