GREENVILLE, S.C. - Police said the body of a slain teenager that was found on a South Carolina road had been dumped there by a friend.
Sixteen-year-old Devon Javon Curry was killed Tuesday after he and a friend were involved in a shootout, sparked by an argument over an Instagram post.
Travelers Rest Police Chief Benjamin Ford told news outlets that Curry and 18-year-old friend Ke'Savious Keyshawn Elmore exchanged fire with a group of teenagers at an apartment complex.
Ford said Elmore left Curry on the side of the road after the shooting. Curry was later found dead with a gunshot wound to his chest.
Elmore was charged Thursday with attempted murder. Seventeen-year-old Anthony O'Neal Martin, Jr., and a 16-year-old were also arrested.
It is unclear if the suspects have attorneys.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Dramatic body camera video captures SC deputy saving baby's life
- 'I blacked out': Subway worker says customer punched her in mouth
- Amtrak train collides with tow truck hauling car off tracks in University City
- Charlotte bar sued for unauthorized performance of 'Wonderwall'
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms likely; Barry could become hurricane
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.