CALHOUN FALLS, S.C. - A woman has been killed with a butcher knife during an argument inside a South Carolina home.
News outlets report the Abbeville County coroner's office was called to a home in Calhoun Falls around 11:30 p.m. Friday about a domestic stabbing incident.
Authorities say 29-year-old Jessica Ekholm tried to cut her husband with a pocket knife and he retaliated by killing her with a butcher knife. The man, whose name was not released, was taken by medical helicopter to Anmed Health Medical Center for treatment and later released.
Officials say an autopsy is scheduled on Monday to determine Ekholm's exact cause of death.
Police have not said what sparked the argument.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- ICE warns Charlotte could be haven for violent criminals after latest suspect walks free
- VIDEO: Plane was on fire when Earnhardt Jr., family escaped crash
- 'It's sad': Beloved street preacher brutally attacked inside apartment
- FORECAST: Rain chances stay low across region as heat wave rolls on
- UNC professor, girls' softball coach among 14 arrested in prostitution raid
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.