CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Customers who are calling Duke Energy customer service lines Thursday night may experience a busy signal. The power company is aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.
Customers without power should visit DukeEnergyUpdates.com for the most current information.
"We apologize for the inconvenience," the company said on its website
More Hurricane Content:
- Historic Hurricane Michael: How it stacks up to other U.S., Florida storms
- Videos, photos show devastation along Florida Panhandle
- Several weekend events put on hold as Michael barrels through
- WHAT'S HAPPENING: Historic Hurricane Michael hits Florida
- Here are airlines that are waiving fees for flights impacted by Hurricane Michael
- Trump likely to visit Florida, Georgia next week to survey storm damage
- A warmer world makes hurricanes wetter and more intense
- How to know whether your tree will fall during Hurricane Michael
- Ahead of Michael, roof repair companies still backed up after Florence
- Snakes alive! As waters rise, beware of reptiles
- 5 hacks to keep your smartphone charged during a power outage
- VIDEO: What to do the minute your flight is canceled
- EXPLAINER: Why North Carolina is vulnerable to hurricanes
- Only 3 Category 4 hurricanes have made landfall in the Carolinas
- East Coast hurricane scenario showed potential for disaster
- ’Gray Man’ ghost appears before major hurricanes, SC legend says
- Will a hurricane be named after you this season? 2018 storm names are here
- What is the Saffir-Simpson scale; how does it work; is there a Category 6?
- How dangerous is a hurricane? Understanding hurricane categories
- Hurricane, tropical storm and tropical depression: What’s the difference?
- What is a storm surge and why is it dangerous?
- 9 weather terms you should know when preparing for a hurricane
- Everything you need to know to prepare for hurricane season
- How to use the internet during the storm when your internet is down
- Taking photos of your home before a storm can speed up insurance process
© 2019 Cox Media Group.