Joan Jett and the Blackhearts will be the opening act for Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard and Poison for an upcoming stadium tour that is slated for summer 2020.
"The Stadium Tour" is scheduled to kick off in Miami on July 7 and will travel across America, finishing Sept. 5 at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. Tickets will go on sale Dec. 13.
- MIAMI, FL - Tuesday, July 7 - Hard Rock Stadium
- ORLANDO, FL - Thursday, July 9 - Camping World Stadium
- CHARLOTTE, NC - Saturday, July 11 - Bank of America Stadium
- ARLINGTON, TX - Tuesday, July 14 - Globe Life Field
- HOUSTON, TX - Wednesday, July 15 - Minute Maid Park
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Sunday, July 19 - Oracle Park
- SAN DIEGO, CA - Thursday, July 23 - Petco Park
- PHOENIX, AZ - Saturday, July 25 - State Farm Stadium
- ATLANTA, GA - Sunday, August 9 - SunTrust Park
- HERSHEY, PA - Tuesday, August 11 - Hersheypark Stadium
- BUFFALO, NY - Thursday, August 13 - New Era Field
- PHILADELPHIA, PA - Saturday, August 15 - Citizens Bank Park
- PITTSBURGH, PA - Sunday, August 16 - PNC Park
- MILWAUKEE, WI - Tuesday, August 18 - Miller Park
- DETROIT, MI - Thursday, August 20 - Comerica Park
- WASHINGTON DC - Saturday, August 22 - Nationals Park
- FLUSHING, NY - Sunday, August 23 - Citi Field
- BOSTON, MA - Tuesday, August 25 - Fenway Park
- CHICAGO, IL - Friday, August 28 - Wrigley Field
- DENVER, CO - Sunday, August 30 - Coors Field
- SEATTLE, WA - Wednesday, September 2 - T - Mobile Park
- LOS ANGELES, CA - Saturday, September 5 - SoFi Stadium
According to Rolling Stone, this is the first time Mötley Crüe has performed since their "Final Tour" that concluded in 2015.
Nikki Sixx told Rolling Stone in 2014 that the band signed a "cessation of touring agreement" and "legally, we can't play again." He told Rolling Stone then that there was a loophole, however:
“The only loophole is if all four band members agreed to do it, we could override our own contract. But we know that will never happen. There are people in this band who will refuse to ever do it again, and you’re talking to one of them. There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it.”
A few weeks ago, the band announced their return in a video that describes the 2014 contract and then shows it explode on a desk.
© 2020 Cox Media Group