A young mother died Tuesday morning when she fell into a vat of melted chocolate while working at a confectionery factory in Russia, according to multiple reports.
Svetlana Roslina, 24, was critically injured when she fell into a vat at the Sergiev-Posad factory in Fedortsovo, about 65 miles north of Moscow, The Telegraph reported.
Witnesses gave authorities conflicting reports of what happened to Roslina, Russian newspaper Moskovskij Komsomolets reported.
Some of Roslina's coworkers said she dropped her cellphone into the mixer and fell in while trying to get it out. Other coworkers told authorities that she was pouring flour into the vat when she was pulled in by the mixer's blades.
Young mother dies after falling into vat of melted chocolate at Russian sweet factory https://t.co/GvE0NqyUSz— Telegraph News (@TelegraphNews) December 14, 2016
A local source at the factory shared grisly details of the death with reporters, according to the Telegraph.
"She was minced," the newspaper quoted a local source at the factory as saying. "Only her legs were left."
Co-workers told Moskovskij Komsomolets that no matter the details of Roslina's death, one thing is certain: She violated safety protocols by failing to turn off the mixer before interacting with it.
Roslina's husband also works at the factory, Moskovskij Komsomolets reported. She is survived by him and her two children, age 4 and 6.
Relatives described Roslina to Moskovskij Komsomolets as an outgoing woman who loved children and cooking.
Authorities are investigating the incident.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.