Are you heading out of town for a spring break getaway? Whether you’re going to the beach to soak up some sun or headed to the mountains for a chance to get off the pavement, you’re most likely going to face heavy traffic on the roads at some point. It’s just a part of spring break – more drivers are out and about, especially around popular tourist destinations. Toyota of N Charlotte is here to help you beat heavy traffic and also to share tips for what you should do if you find yourself stuck in it. Let’s get started!
Prep for heavy traffic before it even happens
First let’s talk preparation. The best way to beat heavy traffic is to avoid it altogether, and that’s more easily achieved if you take a few minutes before your trip to prep. Here are our N Charlotte Toyota tips:
- Check traffic BEFORE you leave the house. Either flick on the news or use the Entune App Suite located in your N Charlotte Toyota – this will give you access to both real-time and predictive traffic. Check the route you’re going to take and plan accordingly.
- Check weather. We all know that the roads can become a mess in wet weather. We hope your spring break is bright and sunny, but you never know when the day will turn. If rain is in your forecast, leave yourself a little extra time to get to your final destination!
- Have an alternate route planned ahead of time. If you know where you’re going, you can save time if your normal route is blocked with traffic. However, you can also use the navigation found in so many of our N Charlotte Toyota cars to guide your way. Whatever you do, don’t try to wing it – you’ll more than likely end up lost and waste even more time.
Toyota of N Charlotte can help you deal with the frustration of traffic
What happens if you find yourself suddenly stuck in heavy traffic with no way out? Check out our N Charlotte Toyota tips for dealing with this situation.
- Stay calm. It’s frustrating, sure, but getting angry and indulging in road rage won’t make things move any more quickly (and will probably get you into a collision when all is said and done).
- Turn up your audio system. Listen to your favorite Spotify station, check out a new audiobook, or learn a new language. Just think of your time in the car as “me” time, or time to bond with your family and friends, instead of wasted time.
- Use defensive driving to stay safe. Be proactive and be aware of your surroundings so you can avoid accidents instead of just reacting to them. This means doing away with distractions, especially your cell phone!
Do you need more tips? Maybe want a few pointers on how to work your Entune or navigation systems? Toyota of N Charlotte can help… just visit us today at 13429 Statesville Road, just off I-77 at exit 23!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.