CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The undefeated Carolina Panthers moved to number one in the NFL’s weekly “Power Rankings” this week.
The Panthers claimed the top spot from New England after the Patriots lost their first game Sunday night.
Carolina plays the New Orleans Saints this Sunday. The team said they realize each opponent is out to get them and trying to spoil their perfect season.
The Panthers can clinch a third straight NFC South division title if they beat the Saints or if the Falcons lose to the Buccaneers.
View the full rankings here.
The Panthers will meet the Saints Sunday for the 42nd time, which is the most that the Panthers have faced any opponent in team history.
The Panthers hold a 22-19 advantage in the all-time series with the Saints. The Panthers won 27-22 in week three.
When the two teams meet Sunday, the Panthers will have gone 371 days without a regular season loss.
10 Panthers facts to know:
- Panthers have won 15 consecutive regular season games, longest streak in NFL
- Panthers hold 22-19 advantage in all-time series with Saints
- Panthers have rushed for 100 yards or more for 22 straight games
- Since entering NFL in 2012, Luke Kuechly leads all linebackers will 10 interceptions
- On Sunday, Panthers will have gone 371 days without regular season loss
- With 2 rushing yards vs. Saints, Cam Newton will become 1st QB in NFL history with 3,000 or more rushing yards in his first five seasons in the NFL.
- Greg Olsen needs one reception to become the Panthers all-time leader among tight ends, surpassing Wesley Walls
- Panthers lead NFL with 18 interceptions this season
- Since entering the NFL in 2012, Luke Kuechly leads the NFL in tackles with 548
- The Panthers lead the NFL in turnover differential this season at +16 (28 takeaways vs. 12 giveaways)