Charlotte has quickly become of the fastest growing cities in America. With its big banking business, mild weather and close proximity to both the mountains and ocean, it's no wonder why the city has become a popular destination to call home. The recent growth has led to a plethora of Charlotte apartments for rent, for every budget and lifestyle.
Whether you're looking for a studio apartment in Uptown or a three-bedroom townhouse in SouthPark, there are lots of options to choose from throughout the city. Here's a step-by-step guide to get your Charlotte apartment search started.
1. Set your budget. Think about how much you'll realistically be able to spend each month on rent without breaking the bank. You may also want to consider adding in a little extra cash for utilities, just in case you settle on an apartment complex that doesn't include things like cable, internet, heating or water in the monthly rent price. Upfront costs like a security deposits can also add on to the initial amount you'll pay to move in.
2. Figure out which area of town you want to live in. When you're deciding on where to live consider important factors such as your daily commute to work and if the area fits with your lifestyle — you don't want to live in a quiet part of town if you like being surrounded by activity. Or if you have children or are expecting them you would want to find something family-friendly with several schools in the vicinity.
3. Decide what amenities are important to you. Then, what sorts of things are you willing to compromise on. Do you want to live in a complex that has a swimming pool, 24-hour gym, or a place that's pet-friendly.
4. Research. Find out as much as you can about the area of town you want to live in and the apartment complexes nearby.
Moving.Com: Is a great place to start looking for useful information on the neighborhood's demographics, safety and school ratings.
Apartment Guide: Gives in-depth insight on apartment listings and breaks listings down by amenities.
ForRent.com: Is another site that breaks down apartment listings by amenities and lets you save your favorite apartments as you go.
Rent Cafe: Offers average rent prices in Charlotte that can be broken down by neighborhood and even compares neighborhoods. Rent Cafe also offers a guide to the cheapest or most expensive listings in the city.
5. Read reviews. Once you've narrowed your list down to your favorite apartments that are in your price range — it's important to check out reviews on each of the complexes you're interested in. Reviews can provide useful insight on the place that comes directly from past and present renters. Reviews can give you insight on everything from how well the complex handles maintenance problems and how thin the walls are to how friendly the staff is — giving you plenty of information to help make a decision before signing a lease.
For finding reviews on the Charlotte apartments for rent these sites come in handy:
ApartmentRatings: With more than 2 million reviews on the site, Apartment Ratings is a go to when you need to find out about an apartment complex before moving in.
Renters Voice: Shows a star rating beside each apartment complex that's based on reviews, making it quick and easy to see how a complex stacks up.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.