It’s happened to almost all of us – you’re driving down the road, you hear a funny noise, and then next think you know you’re stuck with a broken down ride. Whatever the reason – from blown transmission to flat tire – it’s never fun, and always guaranteed to be stressful. Why not prepare your new Toyota near Charlotte ahead of time for these types of scenario? We can help you with tips straight from our Toyota Service Center!
How can you prep your new Toyota near Charlotte for any situation?
One great way to prepare is to know the details about your new Toyota in N Charlotte’s purchase! When you buy a new Toyota from our dealership, you automatically get ToyotaCare. This includes routine maintenance for up to 2 years or 24,000 miles, but also throws in roadside assistance so you can call for help should you find yourself stranded!
However, we know that not everyone is in the market for a new Toyota near Charlotte and it’s best to be prepared for these situations no matter what type of car you drive, so we sat down with some technicians from our Toyota Service Center to get a list of things you should keep in a roadside assistance kit. This way, you’ve got all the supplies you need should you find yourself in a sticky situation!
Here are some items you might consider keeping in your new Toyota:
- Jumper cables: This way, if your battery dies you can get your new Toyota a jump so you can get it safely to the nearest Toyota Service Center.
- Tow Rope: If you find yourself mired down in tricky terrain, this can definitely be a big help in getting you out!
- A cell phone and charger: You want to keep a cell phone in your vehicle for obvious reasons, but don’t forget a charger or charging cord. It won’t be much use to you if the battery is dead!
- Spare tire and other tire tools: If you find yourself with a flat, you don’t have to wait for a tow! Keep a spare tire, a jack, a lug wrench, and sealant. If the puncture isn’t too big you can always temporarily seal it up until you can make it to a Toyota Service Center!
- First aid kit: Keep a first aid kit handy in your Toyota to deal with minor bumps and bruises that might occur when you’re out on the road.
- Pen, paper, and camera: You might want to consider keeping a disposable camera (or cell phone with camera) handy to take pictures in the event of a collision. Also keep a pen and paper on hand to write down details and swap info!
- Shovel, ice scraper, and kitty litter: This goes out to all you drivers who face snow – kitty litter can increase traction should you find yourself stuck, and a shovel and ice scraper will definitely come in handy in winter conditions!
Get more tips from our N Charlotte Toyota Service Center!
Want more tips on how you can prep your Toyota for the unexpected? Visit Toyota of N Charlotte and head over to the Toyota Service Center! We’re just off I-77 at exit 23, and you can reach the service center at (888) 378-1214!