Including the cities of West Jefferson, Sparta, Boone,
Independence, Whitetop, Troutdale, Volney, and Galax
237 PM EDT Thu Oct 11 2018
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT FRIDAY...
* Winds...Northwest 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 60 mph this
evening into Friday morning.
* Timing...Through Friday morning.
* Impacts...Strong wind combined with heavy rain will cause
numerous downed trees and power outages.
* Locations...North Carolina High Country including the
Southwest Virginia mountains.
* Hazards...Strong wind gusts.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph are likely to cause power outages...fallen trees...
property damage...and dangerous driving conditions for high
profile vehicles. Move unfastened items...such as garbage cans
and deck furniture...indoors.