204 PM EDT Thu Oct 11 2018
...TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT...
* LOCATIONS AFFECTED
- LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Below tropical storm force wind
- Peak Wind Forecast: 10-20 mph with gusts to 35 mph
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Wind less than 39 mph
- The wind threat has remained nearly steady from the
- PLAN: The sustained wind should remain less than tropical
storm force. Conditions may still be gusty.
- PREPARE: Listen for any instructions from local officials.
- ACT: Ensure emergency readiness should the forecast change.
- REALIZED IMPACTS: Being Assessed
- Little to no additional wind impacts expected. Community
officials are now assessing the extent of actual wind
* FLOODING RAIN
- LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Flash Flood Watch is in effect
- Peak Rainfall Amounts: No additional significant rainfall
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Potential for major
- The flooding rain threat has remained nearly steady from
the previous assessment.
- PLAN: Emergency plans should include the potential for
major flooding from heavy rain. Evacuations and rescues are
- PREPARE: Strongly consider protective actions, especially
if you are in an area vulnerable to flooding.
- ACT: Heed any flood watches and warnings. Failure to take
action will likely result in serious injury or loss of life.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Extensive
- Major rainfall flooding may prompt many evacuations and
- Rivers and tributaries may rapidly overflow their banks in
multiple places. Small streams, creeks, canals, arroyos,
and ditches may become dangerous rivers. In mountain areas,
destructive runoff may run quickly down valleys while
increasing susceptibility to rockslides and mudslides.
Flood control systems and barriers may become stressed.
- Flood waters can enter many structures within multiple
communities, some structures becoming uninhabitable or
washed away. Many places where flood waters may cover
escape routes. Streets and parking lots become rivers of
moving water with underpasses submerged. Driving conditions
become dangerous. Many road and bridge closures with some
weakened or washed out.
- LATEST LOCAL FORECAST:
- Situation is unfavorable for tornadoes
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Tornadoes not expected
- The tornado threat has remained nearly steady from the
- PLAN: Tornadoes are not expected. Showers and thunderstorms
with gusty winds may still occur.
- PREPARE: Little to no preparations needed to protect
against tornadoes at this time. Keep informed of the latest
- ACT: Listen for changes in the forecast.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Little to None
- Little to no potential impacts from tornadoes.
* FOR MORE INFORMATION: