Avery-Yancey-Mitchell-Caldwell Mountains-Burke Mountains-
Including the cities of Ingalls, Banner Elk, Newland, Swiss,
Burnsville, Celo, Micaville, Ramseytown, Busick, Spruce Pine,
Poplar, Jonas Ridge, Ashford, Woodlawn, and Old Fort
226 AM EDT Fri Oct 12 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EDT EARLY THIS
* LOCATIONS...The North Carolina Mountains.
* HAZARDS...Very windy conditions.
* TIMING...Winds slowly diminishing this morning.
* WINDS...Northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph at times.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.weather.gov/gsp.