Including the cities of West Jefferson, Sparta, Boone,
Independence, Whitetop, Troutdale, Volney, Galax, Floyd, Roanoke,
308 PM EDT Mon Apr 16 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
* Locations...Southern Blue Ridge.
* Hazards...Strong wind gusts.
* Winds...Northwest 15 to 30 with gusts to 45 to 50 mph.
* Timing...Strongest winds likely early this morning through
* Impacts...Trees may be toppled due to the wet ground and past
storm damage. This may also lead to sporadic power outages.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.