Including the cities of West Jefferson, Sparta, Dobson, Boone,
Wilkesboro, Bland, Pearisburg, Wytheville, Radford, Pulaski,
Blacksburg, Independence, Whitetop, Troutdale, Volney, Galax,
Floyd, New Castle, Clifton Forge, Covington, Hot Springs,
Roanoke, Salem, Fincastle, Lexington, Buena Vista, Stuart,
Rocky Mount, Bedford, and Amherst
242 AM EDT Fri Oct 12 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT THIS MORNING...
* Winds...Northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing...Through Friday morning.
* Impacts...Strong wind gusts combined with the wet ground may
cause downed trees and power outages.
* Locations...Along and either side of the Blue Ridge, including
the New River Valley, Alleghanys, and foothills.
* Hazards...Strong wind gusts.
This Wind Advisory is for strong wind gusts, and impacts which
may occur from having very wet ground which makes it easier to
topple trees will less than normal wind speeds. If you encounter
a downed tree, be aware the ground around that particular tree
may be unstable enough that other trees may fall in close