Including the cities of Banner Elk and Newland
235 PM EDT Mon Apr 16 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING
ABOVE 3500 FEET...
* LOCATIONS...Elevations above 3500 feet across the Northern
Mountains of North Carolina.
* HAZARDS...Strong wind gusts.
* TIMING...Strong winds will persist through the afternoon and
gradually diminish later this evening.
* WINDS...Northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.weather.gov/gsp.