ABOVE: The latest forecast update from Severe Weather Center 9. To stay on top of changing weather conditions, be sure to download our free WSOC-TV weather app.
AIR QUALITY FORECAST
- A Code Orange alert is being forecasted for Thursday, but as of Thursday morning, the air quality index was down to green in Charlotte.
- The alert has been issued for the entire state of North Carolina.
- A Code Orange on the Air Quality Index represents unhealthy air quality for sensitive groups. Older adults, younger children and those with respiratory conditions such as asthma should limit prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors.
- Otherwise, plenty of sun and low humidity Thursday with highs just near 80 degrees.
- We keep the dry weather Friday and Saturday before another rain chance returns by Sunday afternoon.
- Temps heat back up to the mid-80s this weekend with more humidity coming in on Sunday with the rain threat.
>> Channel 9′s Weather 24/7 stream has the latest local weather all day, every day. Watch wherever you stream — on our website, or through your mobile app or smart TV.
- WSOC Weather 24/7
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Madi Baggett
- Meteorologist Austin Chaney
(WATCH MORE: What is a Code Red Air Quality Alert?)
©2023 Cox Media Group