(VIDEO: Watch Steve's forecast on a stormy weekend)
- Storm chances ramp up on Saturday afternoon, and some of those could be strong to severe.
- Damaging winds, lightning and hail are the main threats
- Those storms will arrive late in the day Saturday after temperatures heat up.
- Unsettled weather continues into the middle of next week, which doesn't mean a washout, just a better than average chance of late-day storms.
- Temperatures will be in the upper 80s this weekend.
Severe weather could disrupt weekend events in Charlotte
There is the potential for severe weather this weekend while major events are happening in town, which could put thousands of people in harm’s way.
The Charlotte Knights are playing at BB&T Ballpark Friday night, but conditions will remain clear.
Saturday will be a different story as a system moves into the area bringing heavy rain, wind and lightning.
There is the potential of hail and a tornado cannot be ruled out.
Culture Club and the B-52s will be playing at the PNC Music Pavilion Saturday night in Charlotte.
The venue’s website said the concert will happen rain or shine.
There will be a chance of showers Sunday while the International Champion’s Cup at Bank of America Stadium between Liverpool and Dortmund.
The stadium does not allow umbrellas.
The Knights are up against the Indianapolis Indians again on Sunday.
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
© 2018 Cox Media Group.