This contest has ended. Read for official rules.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, Charlotte Fair Ticket Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by WSOC Television, LLC, is open to legal U.S. residents of the states of North Carolina and South Carolina who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Employees of WSOC Television, LLC (“Sponsor”), Southern Expo and their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Only one (1) prize per household for any given Sweepstakes or sweepstakes sponsored by WSOC-TV Television, LLC, will be awarded during any given ninety (90) day period.
3. Timing. The Sweepstakes entry period will begin at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Monday, June 14, 2021 and will end at 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, June 20, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
Prize. One (1) family four pack of tickets valued at $140 per winner. We will have a total of four (4) family four packs of tickets to distribute.
A maximum of one (1) prize will be awarded per person and per household.
4. How to Enter.
You may enter the Sweepstakes in the following ways:
1. Visit wsoctv.com and click on the “contest” tab and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entry form to submit your entry.
2. Visit Sponsor’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/your704) follow the link to the Website, click the “Sweepstakes” tab, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entry form and to submit your entry;
Limit one (1) entry per person per email address per day, regardless of method of entry. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated, robotic, or third party system to participate is prohibited, and will result in disqualification.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, postage-due misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
5. Prize Winner Selection; Odds.
Prize Drawing Selection
At or about 10:00 a.m. EST on June 21, 2021, Sponsor will conduct one (1) random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period and select one (1) winner.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
The potential winner(s) of the will receive:
One (1) family four pack of tickets valued at $140 per winner.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each individual ticket is: $35.00
7. Winner Notifications and Acceptance.
The potential winner will be notified on or about 10:00 am EST on June 21, 2021, at the email address and/or telephone number provided on the potential winner’s entry form.
In order to claim a prize, potential prize winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice.
Sponsor will mail prize to winner. Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential prize winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential prize winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential prize winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in the prize, and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A prize winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by prize winners. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Prize winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Prize winners will be required to provide their valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Prize winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. If a prize is not claimed by eligible prize winners in accordance with these Official Rules sponsor will conduct alternate drawing(s) from all eligible entries in the Sweepstakes period until the prize(s) have been awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to not award a prize if an eligible prize winner cannot be found among all eligible entries received within the Sweepstakes period and/or after a reasonable effort (as solely determined by Sponsor) has been made to award the prize(s), after which time prizes will remain unawarded.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information, dealership name and address, and likeness in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including the Internet, worldwide in perpetuity, for any commercial, publicity or Sweepstakes-related purpose (“Advertising”), without notice, limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation. Potential winners will be announced on the Sweepstakes website as soon as they are selected and by entering this Sweepstakes, participants consent to such disclosure. All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by Sponsor or its licensees and winners hereby disclaim and waive any claim of right to such Advertising.
9. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes for any reason, including, but not limited to, in the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, COX ENTERPRISES, LLC, SOUTHERN EXPO, FACEBOOK, INC., OR ANY OTHER PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
11. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE website and the prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the SWEEPSTAKES; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the SWEEPSTAKES; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the SWEEPSTAKES, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the SWEEPSTAKES or receipt or use or misuse of any prie.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. No Affiliation. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor.
14. Sponsor. Sweepstakes is sponsored by WSOC Television, LLC. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after July 5, 2021) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Charlotte Fair Ticket Giveaway Winners List/Official Rules”, Attention: Deirdre Conley, WSOC-TV, 235 W 23rd Street , Charlotte, NC 28206.
©2021 Cox Media Group