CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A biker was killed Sunday night after a motorcycle crashed into a car in northwest Charlotte, paramedics said.
Emergency responders were called to the accident at 9:36 p.m. at the intersection of Mount Holly Road and Sonoma Valley Drive.
Detectives said the motorcycle, driven by Steve McKinney, was traveling northwest when a Toyota Venza entered the intersection from Sonoma Valley Drive and the motorcycle struck the left front of the Toyota.
Police told Channel 9 that McKinney, 38, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police charged 23-year-old Marielena Del Ro Cocinero with a misdemeanor death by vehicle.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash, which is still under investigation, police said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 3 arrested, another sought after man shot to death inside car in Gastonia
- Hackers target DOT road signs in Charlotte with vulgar messages
- 130 displaced after huge 3-alarm fire rips through Charlotte apartments
- WATCH: Keith Monday's week ahead forecast
- Police identify man killed in motorcycle collision with car
- CELLPHONE VIDEO: Flames engulf east Charlotte apartment building
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Woman charged after 1 killed in motorcycle collision, police say
Juvenile injured after being shot in Denver, deputies say
Police search for evidence, find gun, after teen led them on chase…
Woman attacked outside Amelie's in NoDa, police said
Complaints rising as Confederate stickers given out at state fair