CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A biker was killed Sunday night after a motorcycle crashed into a car in northwest Charlotte, paramedics said.
Emergency responders were called to the accident at 9:36 p.m. at the intersection of Mount Holly Road and Sonoma Valley Drive.
Detectives said the motorcycle, driven by Steve McKinney, was traveling northwest when a Toyota Venza entered the intersection from Sonoma Valley Drive and the motorcycle struck the left front of the Toyota.
Police told Channel 9 that McKinney, 38, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police charged 23-year-old Marielena Del Ro Cocinero with a misdemeanor death by vehicle.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash, which is still under investigation, police said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 3 arrested, another sought after man shot to death inside car in Gastonia
- Hackers target DOT road signs in Charlotte with vulgar messages
- 130 displaced after huge 3-alarm fire rips through Charlotte apartments
- WATCH: Keith Monday's week ahead forecast
- Police identify man killed in motorcycle collision with car
- CELLPHONE VIDEO: Flames engulf east Charlotte apartment building
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Woman charged after 1 killed in motorcycle collision, police say
Monroe police officer, high school resource officer mourned by community
8-year-old Stokes County girl found safe in Kentucky, man taken into custody
TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE: Excitement building for viewing of solar eclipse
8-year-old Shelby girl 'senselessly shot,' Cherokee County Coroner says