CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. - A 1.5 magnitude earthquake was registered early Tuesday in Catawba County, according to a report by the United States Geological Survey.
The report said the earthquake happened around 12:32 a.m. and maps indicate that it originated near the Catawba Country Club.
According to the USGS, events of a 2.0 magnitude or less are usually called microearthquakes and are not usually felt by people.
Channel 9 has not received any reports of damage.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Chester woman killed after thrown from vehicle in I-77 crash, troopers say
- Panthers' Kalil charged after his pizzeria allegedly sells beer to minor
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- CMPD: Jogger robbed at knifepoint on Reedy Creek Park trail
- Panthers dominate Dolphins 45-21 on Monday Night Football
- VIDEO: Cam Newton dressed to impress during post-game press conference
© 2018 Cox Media Group.